DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS

Following the events of SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME, DOCTOR STRANGE picks right up where we left off, with our fearless hero plagued by nightmares of multiverse travel and the death of a young girl he's never met before. He attends the wedding of his ex-girlfriend Dr. Christine Palmer (Rachel McAdams) before being sucked into the story and attempting to find what darkness is floating through the multiverse and causing chaos along its way. Being a lover of these films, but not much of a reader of the comics, I was a little concerned about the multiverse when it was announced. I was afraid the multiple timelines may be difficult to keep up with; however, if anyone else shares those same concerns let me put your mind at ease that the story is very ease to follow. In addition, one of, if not the biggest benefit of the multiverse in my opinion, are the easter eggs and cameo's Marvel's able to have fun and play around with (and yes, there are a few of them). Cumberbatch continues to make it rain as the arrogant but yet suave Dr. Stephen Strange, who I cannot honestly see anyone else playing. I'm thoroughly enjoying the development of Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) post-WANDAVISION. She seems primed to be the next baddie our hero's will need to take down, which makes it all the more tragic as she's a former team member. Finally, it's so wonderful to have director Sam Raimi back directing superheros! This is by far the most scary/horror like film of the MCU but still light enough for the family to enjoy. Overall, this is another solid film from Marvel and although not a tier 1 film, definitely a strong tier 2. 7/10