Originally Posted by VitoCahill
in MTL its possible these 2 cells barberio and oliverio are working together in the montreal north/R.D.P. area.
its possible they are fighting each other???

in the mafia landscape of montreal you r right to be confused. you only have to look at the current trial of dominic scarfo for the 2015/2016 murders of members of the rizzuto faction. the justice system moves slooooooowly up north. also until the revelations from andrea scoppa in la source there has been a complete lack of reliable info from members/associates.

as far as davide barberio being a street boss i have mentioned this before. barberio operates in a cell with marco pizzi in criminal affairs in montreal north,east and R.D.P.
barberio is not the overall street boss for the entire montreal mafia as say michael ragusa is for the genovese.
it is said that barberio has good contacts in other OC groups...street gangs,HA etc. because of his ability to work with other groups he has been given this title by the media.
in days past the mafia in MTL operated with a hierarchal admin similar to other mafia families but it has become clear in the last couple years that no admin exists anymore.
several different cells now operate with there own admin/structure and work with other mafia/OC groups sometimes for only brief periods of time.

as far as whom is behind the hit on domenico macri only time will tell.
but odds are it is not the same group behind the attempts on barberio and oliverio. i say this mostly for the reasons i have mentioned above.

Dominic Macri, hunky entrepreneur with no criminal record gunned down in LaSalle -- who pulled the trigger?

http://coolopolis.blogspot.com/2022/03/dominic-macri-hunky-entrepreneur-with.html