Originally Posted by Lou_Para
You make some good points Alice.
Although it is not unusual for 1% Clubs to absorb and patch over other smaller MC's, lining up with established OC groups is a whole "nother ball game.
I would guess that if they are 1/2 smart,they'll conduct their activities the same way they do with some of the Italian mob Families,i.e. trading of favors,and exchanging pieces of rackets back and forth.etc.

Having said that,(and I'm not trying to be funny) Richter is on the way to becoming the John Gotti of the 1%er biker world.
A lot of the regular rank and file Pagans are absolutely fine with Richter,and look at him as preserving the Pagan legacy.

One thing to bear in mind is that the Pagans have always been content with having the "most violent gang" crown.
Compared to the other big Clubs,they are low income generators,have no significant presence or businesses outside of the US,and still rely heavily on the basic rackets,like Meth,Strip Clubs,Strong arm stuff,bike thefts,small time extortion,etc.
It's almost a badge of honor to say "'We're not the richest gang,but we're the baddest".

Richter is the prototype of the old school,hardcore biker,and the membership loves him.

That one article compared him to Taco Bowman as well. I've never seen anyone in writing compared to Bowman so that's saying something.