'Ndrangheta, blow to the Barbaro family: 13 arrests. Threats with the gun: "I'll kill you like dogs"
Thirteen people were arrested today in an operation by the Pavia Finance Police. Among them also Antonio and Rocco Barbaro, members of one of the most powerful 'Ndrangheta families in Lombardy. The threats to a debtor: "See that I kill you, like dogs".

The surname is one of those that count in the chessboard of organized crime. Legend has it that the surname Barbaro dates back to January 26, 1873 when Francesco Barbaro was born in Platì, on the slopes of the Aspromonte. A story of 'ndrangheta that leads to Piedmont, Australia and obviously Lombardy. And here in Lombardy the Barbaro are unrivaled: dedicated to drug trafficking, to contracts in the construction sector, to usury, over the years the names of the descendants of that Francesco appear in the most important investigations of the 'Ndrangheta. Domenico Barbaro (now life imprisonment), Rocco (released from prison a year ago and now in a workhouse in Vasto) and Antonio (life imprisonment in Padua) are the godparents who together with the other satellite families of the Barbaro family (Sergi-Agresta-Marando -Musitano-Molluso-Zappia) gave life to the Lombard criminal empire.

The arrested are all from Platì
Antonio Barbaro , 52, owner of a fruit shop in Gaggiano (Milan) and his son Rocco , 29, arrested today along with 11 other people, I am at the head of the group that holds the ranks in Casorate Primo and that, according to investigations by the public prosecutor of the district anti-mafia Directorate Gianluca Prisco, with their respective wives were involved in trafficking large quantities of cocaine and marijuana between Lombardy, Piedmont and Liguria.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"