Originally Posted by Turnbull
ROAD TO PERDITION (2002)
Michael Sullivan (Tom Hanks), solid, stolid middle class husband and father to two young boys, also happens to be an enforcer for Rock Island IL Irish Mob boss John Rooney (Paul Newman in his last film). Rooney's reckless, stupid son Connor (Daniel Craig) sets off a chain of killings that make Sullivan and his 12 year old son Mike Jr.(Tyler Hoechlin) fugitives from a killer hired by the Capone Outfit (Jude Law), who likes to photograph his dead victims. Though there's plenty of violence, the heart of the plot is the bonding between father and son in their partnership of survival, with Sr. teaching Jr. how to be useful without having him pull triggers. It works, too. Hanks is strong and credible as both father and hitman; young Hoechlin is superb as his wide-awake, loyal son, and Law is memorable as the driven assassin. Cinematography won an Oscar. Excellent movie.

Oh my God Yes...thee best movie I have not seen in a long while...great synopsis TB..I forgot all about that flick....just rewatched "A Perfect Murder" 1998 last nite w/ Michael Douglas..& Gwyneth Paltrow...still a fav of mine....

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...