Originally Posted by Turnbull
Originally Posted by Irishman12
FACE IT: A MEMOIR

Debbie Harry recounts her life and work and while the story is interesting, be forewarned: it comes in a little lite. The book is only 352 pages long and that includes pictures as well as fan art. Debbie goes through her entire life, from her being adopted, to her moving from New Jersey to New York City, to her start in music, until her ultimate success with Blondie, and her downfall. However, the book is rather superficial as she only briefly goes into personal stories before glancing over months/years. Only during the final chapter does she reveal she's a private person, s Io it makes sense. Being this is the only work we'll probably ever get from her directly, I'd still say it's worth a read; but just know going in to it, it could have been much more.

I have a video of Blondie that I recorded off of PBS from a few years ago, sponsored by WTTW, Chicago. They were absolutely great. Debbie just slayed the crowd--she had them completely in the palm of her hand. She reminded me of a somewhat debauched Marilyn Monroe, and May West. What a combination!

I agree w/ that bigtime...I remember seeing them (Blondie) @ CBGB's in '77 ..and being amazed for what was then somewhat inexpensive door pricing..Debbie was oh so sexy & as a kid who often got where he wanted despite the age ( I was only 15)..we had no problems getting booze or first view vision...weed was everywhere & good times abound..the only thing that I remember was the problem of gathering up fare 2 get back home to Philly...we were so irresponsible back then..spend all now...think later.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...