Originally Posted by eastsideofvan
I didn't think there was a lot of ambiguity around this these days. Seems like Barney is pretty solid with the West Side and Mikey Nose is coming up on a decade's tenure so they're both pretty entrenched. DeSantis/Dellorusso are newer but seem to be solid in the top two spots for the Lukes.

Only with the Gambino's and Colombo's is there, I think, a degree of uncertainty. It seems to have been assumed that Mannino is the new number one for the Gambino's although I know there has been some debate that Cefalu is playing a bigger role there than is perhaps let on. Gambinos are quite fascinating there, maybe the most fascinating family these days, because it seems a lot less clear than it used to be who's running the place. For all we know it could even be a panel.

Colombo's are a total shit show and quite frankly, who cares?

I have to agree with your assessment. Nothing is certain (of course), but the Gambino's are very interesting because of that "Sicilian faction" dynamic that seems to have garnered strength and "position" over the last decade or two.

As for the rest, it's a sliding and slippery slope at best at the helm of each of these crews. The West Side being a possible exception although over the years, despite their "Rolls Royce" moniker, they too have also been whacked hard. Bosses, UB's, Consiglieres, capos, etc etc. Its a never ending "rolling" indictment.