Originally Posted by OakAsFan
GV, I haven't read Sheeran's book yet and I know his claims are widely disputed, but how much influence did Buffalino really have in some of these infamous hits like Anastasia? The movie makes it seem like he literally made the call although I doubt that's true. It would seem the movie and Sheeran's claims put him in the Gambino-Costello faction of the conflict with Vito Genovese. Did he really have a say in some of the more significant mob events of that time?

Sorry for the late response. Dont believe everything in the book. Bufalino knew someone was going to get hit in New York City, but he didn't have a say in it and only realized who it really was when he heard Albert Anastasia was killed. Bufalino was more as an adviser to other families due to the amount of respect he both gave and received, but he did not know all of those families troubles, dealings, and other things. Bufalino gave his opinion on the Hoffa matter, but the Genovese, Gambino, and Lucchese families were pushing for the hit, Decavalcante and Boston were mixed on it, but ultimately Hoffa angered Detroit where they recommended that Hoffa be hit. Hoffa hit was solely done by Detroit.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green