Originally Posted by Evita
Extract:
No doubt Kay knew what Michael's business was when they married but when do we think she realized he had personally murdered himself

Was it when the Chairman asked about Sollozzo and McCluskey?
Whilst Kay knew that Michael had become a man like his "Underworld Chief" father and orders murders including Carlo's, I believe, Kay didn't know until this day! of the Senate hearing that Michael “had personally murdered himself“

I believe “when the Chairman asked about Sollozzo and McCluskey” that's when Kay put together - Michael's disappearance and Tom refusing Kay's letter to Michael
Tom: Well, if I accepted that in a court of law they could prove that I have knowledge of his whereabouts
dawning on Kay that's why Michael had to disappear, it was actually confirmed beyond doubt to Kay, shattering her delusions that her husband not only ordered murders but had personally committed murders himself

• It seems to me, there were two noticeable reactions from Kay at the Senate hearing
First Kay drops her head to her chest
Chairman: He [previous witness Willie Cicci] has stated that you are the head of the most powerful Mafia family in this country

Second Kay looks horrified, her eyes darting from side to side
Chairman: The witness has testified that you are personally responsible for the murder of a New York City police Caption in 1947 and with him a man named Virgil Sollozzo