Originally Posted by Jimmy_Two_Times
I was a bit disappointed in this movie. I was very excited and I think there were some good things in it, I thought it could have been WAY better. Some quick thoughts:

1. It seemed like two movies. The riot/black gangster angle and the actuallly Dickie. Literally almost an hour dedicated to each.
2. Where was the mentorship? I saw literally nothing where Tony might have gleaned anything from Dickie. Stealing an ice cream truck and a weak numbers operation in grade school is not mentorship.
Two scenes of him nipping a vodka pint ai'nt enough. He was supposed to be like Christopher with this addictions.
5. The guy who shot him - was he the cop that Tony said to Christopher in The Sopranos? If so, we needed to see him at least once. Not a fan of "why" he was shot either. If it was a jealousy thing, that needed to be fleshed out more.

Well stated.....why show him getting shot and still not knowing the entire truth. Spot on with the 2 movies, wonder if today in Hollywood it is a directive to make the movies with either females or minorities in the movies and mess up history. The movie based around a race riot was pretty stupid; seems like there could have been some hijacking or beef with NY rather than the crap they threw up...