Originally Posted by Irishman12
THE NIGHT HOUSE

Rebecca Hall stars as Beth, a recent widow, who's husband Owen committed suicide by shooting himself in the head on a boat in the middle of a lake outside of their home. Self-medicating with various amounts of alcohol, she begins to unearth aspects of her late husbands life she was not previously privy to. An onion of a film that continues to keep you guessing with each layer that's peeled away as the film progresses and does a wonderful job at building the audiences suspense when multiple, unexplained disturbances occur within the house (such as the stereo constantly being turned on in the middle of the night). This leads Beth to believe her house is haunted and that her husband may be trying to make contact with her from beyond the grave. There's a lot to unpack here and this is one of those films where a second viewing is needed to really absorb everything being presented. An interesting story and twist at the end. This probably won't make much noise at the box office and from the previews I was only mildly interested; however, after seeing it, I look forward to getting back on this roller coaster. 6/10

I enjoyed this movie. I almost want to give it a 7, but the second half could've been better. Good effort though. I applaud them.

But yes, a second viewing might be in order.

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away