Yes all we see in the movie is Johnny's crew, with the exception of Eckley DiMeo at Buddha's funeral. At least I think that's supposed to be him. He is quite elderly for someone who's supposed to be 74 in 1999, so 46 in 1971. But everyone's ages are all over the place in this film. I watched it again last night, and I'm downgrading my review to 3 and a half stars out of 5. Where the hell does Johnny go during the shoot out?? Dickie goes back into the restaurant alone, followed by Harold. And Johnny just disappears after that.

From what I can tell with the hierarchy. Johnny is definitely Capo as he talks about kicking up his end to "Boot" DiMeo who's living up at his mansion with Joe DMaggio visiting. Junior seems to be his soldier as he becomes acting Capo while Johnny's away. He must get his own crew sometime in the 70s. Or maybe he is a Capo and just hangs out with his brother's crew a lot. I don't think we ever see him kick up to Johnny, and he does talk to DiMeo.

I think Dickie is also a soldier given Sil, Paulie, Pussy, and Harold work for him, and Dickie kicks up directly to Johnny. But it's strange that he would jump over his father, Aldo, an associate who given his age probably goes back to Prohibition, and is also the crew's biggest earner. Why is Aldo not made yet?

I figured Buddha was a soldier until Dickie punched him out with no reprisal from his capo Johnny who's standing right there. You do not hit a made guy. So Buddha is an associate?

Carmine Cotuso, Nick Vallelonga's character, may be a soldier. We're not given much info.