Milan, boss of the 'Ndrangheta at gay marriage: "I'm curious to see what they do"

September 17, 2021
He participated in a gay wedding in Milan in 2018, violating the rules of the special surveillance he was subjected to. The protagonist of the curious story is Filippo Barreca , one of the most important and dangerous bosses of the 'Ndrangheta. Invited by a professor at Bocconi University, this engineer Gianni, as Reggino reports , the boss was so intrigued that in the end he decided to participate in the event.

The news was revealed by Klaus Davi , who is preparing - for the Fatti e Misfatti programby Mediaset - an investigation into organized crime and, in particular, the presence of the Barreca clans in Milan. The journalist also published Barreca's own statements. In 2018 the boss, called "Peppi", subsequently arrested for extortion and mafia association crimes, was in Milan for some medical treatment and was invited to a homosexual wedding, as he himself revealed on February 3 to his daughter Luana, in a phone call intercepted and put on record by the investigators: "What are you doing, are you giving yourself mad joy?" asks the daughter. To which he replies: "Listen, then, in the afternoon I'm invited to a gay wedding (laughing, ed)". "But ... What are you saying?", Luana replies. “ I'm curious to see what they do, ” Barreca comments.

After attending the wedding, in a phone call on February 4, 2018 with his brother Santo, intercepted by investigators, he says: "Listen, Santo! Yesterday they didn't let us take pictures, otherwise I would have sent you those homosexuals" . And then: "We ate the cake, champagne, things ... We also gave him our best wishes to the newlyweds! ". Barreca then also told about many homosexuals "dressed as women" and described in great detail a guest who had him " impressed ".

"The king is dead, long live the king!"