Charlie Watts was, indeed, a true legend. The Stones will never be the same without him. As someone who remembers the great groups from the 1960's when they first hit it big, I definitely feel like a part of me has been lost, or at least, diminished. What I found truly worthy of respect was that he had been married to the same woman for over 50 years. In the world of showbiz - particularly Rock & Roll music, this is a rarity. He will be missed.

We've also lost:

Martial arts legend and actor Sonny Chiba, age 82. He died on August 19 of COVID.

Another legend: Country music's Tom T. Hall, age 85, on August 20. Probably his best-known mainstream song was "Harper Valley P.T.A." but I'll always prefer "I Like Beer" because, well... I like beer.

Don Everly, the last surviving Everly Brother, age 84 on August 21. A musical influence beyond description. Yeah, Phil and Don didn't always get along (to put it mildly), but what an imprint they made on music!

Rod Gilbert, age 80, on August 19. Another one who rightly deserves the title "legend" in the world of hockey. Always in the hearts of NY Rangers fans.

R.I.P. to all.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."