I have enjoyed reading,occasionally posting,and getting an ongoing education from so many posters who bring so much great content to this board.
This is one of my favorite pastimes,and for that reason,I would like to make a respectful request to some of the posters.

I'm not going to name names,but I've noticed that there has been an increase in personal attacks, inflammatory comments, and other content that I feel has no place on this forum.
If a post is made,and someone disagrees,or has corrections,or any other pertinent facts to contribute, there's no reason that they can't be civil.

Speaking only for myself,if poster A mentions that Vinnie the Capo was in the Mozzarella Family,and poster B produces info that Vinnie was actually with the Ricotta Family, I have learned something and had an enjoyable time reading the give and take.

If however, poster B resorts to juvenile schoolyard name calling,and provides no pertinent information to support their point,then I have learned and enjoyed nothing.

Again,this is not directed to any specific poster, but I'm sure it applies to a few on this board.

Perhaps we could refrain from responding in any way to these posters,and (although the temptation may be strong) simply ignore them. Just like cutting off oxygen to smother a fire,maybe the best thing is to deprive them of the attention they need to fuel whatever issues drive them'

This is only my personal opinion,and not an attack on any particular individual. The vast majority of the people on this board continue to make it better and more interesting with every passing day,and to you all "I pledge my everlasting loyalty".
Thank you all !