Originally Posted by mobcleve
“Lansky, who seemingly died broke….” I guess it comes down to who you believe. Lacey said he died basically broke. Messick said he hid his cash with others….including Malnik. Lansky’s daughter claims his brother Jake ended up with all the money.

I fall on the side that money was never an issue. While I believe the $300 million was a gross exaggeration, I doubt that a man of his intelligence, savvy and long-time power in the Underworld died broke….probably living his final years similar to peers like Costello

“Lansky, who seemingly died broke….” I guess it comes down to who you believe. Lacey said he died basically broke. Messick said he hid his cash with others….including Malnik. Lansky’s daughter claims his brother Jake ended up with all the money.

I fall on the side that money was never an issue. While I believe the $300 million was a gross exaggeration, I doubt that a man of his intelligence, savvy and long-time power in the Underworld died broke….probably living his final years similar to peers like Costello

I can tell you what I know. I was close to the Jake Lansky side of the family in fact I spent time with Jake . His wife Anna and was very close with their grandson David S. ( now deceased) I knew his cousins who were Meyers grandkids but plead the fifth there as one of them is trying to put himself out there on social media as a mob expert and he is quite ignorant of the life.
Meyer lived in North Miami Beach and Jake lived in Hallandale. They owned respective residences but in my opinion Jake and Anna were better off. That 300 million dollar story is bullshit perpetuated by unchecked media and lying cops ( prosecutors are cops to me)
Meyer lost a great deal of money in Cuba and people forget that what money he did make even though he was Meyer he still got taxed by the Genovese. They were close friends with Jimmy Ali but business is business.