THE SUICIDE SQUAD

Warner Bros. gives us another round of villains, teaming up together to save the world and reduce their prison sentences in the process. However, this is not the same 2016 Suicide Squad. Although a few of the original members are carried over, this is a whole new team. In addition, WB tagged James Gunn during his brief respite from Disney and he hit another homerun with this! A wild and unexpected ride, which is exactly what I would come to expect from him. The film opens quickly with Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Blues and hits the ground running, filing in the audience along the way. The team is lengthy as well; however, each shines in his and her respective roles. Harley is the easy favorite but Idris Elba, John Cena, and Sylvester Stallone (yes, that's him voicing King Shark) could just as easily take that crown away from her just to name a few. Wonderful special FX, especially in regards to the third act. Profane and gory, there's really nothing more you could of asked from this film! With Gunn going back to the House of Mouse for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY III, and Margot Robbie recently stating she's done playing Harley for a while, I'm curious where WB goes from here as I'm sure fans will be clamoring for more after this offering. 7.5/10