@NYMafia don’t take offense, I’m still waiting for newengland to give an opinion on something, anything, instead of just telling people they’re wrong.

Taking a step back, and being devils advocate, I feel like the Patriarca family gets over looked. And what I mean by is, for example, NYMafia you mentioned during the 60-70s was there heyday and peak. When you think about organized crime/cosa nostra history, the Patriarcas were never involved in a major organized crime event. Hoffa, Kennedy, Las Vegas skim, Apalachin, Cuba, and the list goes on. So IMO they never got any real national pub.

So the I think the perception of that family, regardless of membership, is that they were in that Detroit, Cleveland, Philly class of families. Yes you had the bonded vault, but it was pulled off by guys of a separate crew that were “ connected “ to the family. You had Whitey, but again, that was a combination of him doing what he did and embarrassing the FBI for what they allowed to go on.

Just thinking outside the box but I think that’s what brings the Patriarcas down on a national level sometimes. Raymond Sr held as an iconic position in that life as many of the headline names we talk about. But again, I just think they easily get overlooked for really not putting their stamp on any one event or situation.

Last edited by The_Marble_Guy; 07/27/21 11:25 PM.

" If you're going to be bad, be good at it "

Jerry Tillinghast