Originally Posted by antimafia
Originally Posted by Ciment
Thanks for the info.
I guess they still haven't released the identity of the other 40 year old person that was shot and survived.

A just-published article--link is below--reveals that Saverio Serrano was the victim. It also indicates that Saverio and Silvio Serrano are in fact Diego Serrano's sons, which I guessed at but was never able to confirm.

The murdered Antonio Sergi ("Tony Large") was also apparently investigated in Project OPhoenix, which culminated in 2015 in the arrests of Diego Serrano and Giuseppe "Pino" Ursino, among others. (Carmine Verduci would have been arrested had he not been murdered in April 2014.)

Link to article that is currently behind a paywall:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...impossible-to-expelthem/article36024206/

If you have the "Instapaper Text" bookmark on your notebook/laptop or desktop PC, you should be able to see and save the article.

Article to which I've linked below may not be accessible to you because of a paywall.

For the subject fraud case, the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC)--a regulatory agency--hired Toronto-based criminal lawyer Frank Addario.

Addario at one point defended Vittorio Mirarchi in Sal Montagna's murder trial. Years later, Addario would go on to represent Leonardo Rizzuto.

Secrecy shrouds fraud case against Canadian Cannabis Corp.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/bus...aud-case-against-canadian-cannabis-corp/

Excerpt:

In 2017, there were two high-profile murders in Toronto that had ties to Canadian Cannabis Corp. It is not known if either of these incidents have anything to do with the confidential order.
In March of that year, a gunman opened fire on a BMW in a parking lot outside a lighting store owned by Mr. Serrano. The intended target, Mr. Serrano’s brother, Saverio Serrano, was wounded, but his girlfriend, 28-year-old Mila Barberi, was killed. Saverio Serrano is one of the family members who the OSC alleges improperly received investor funds.

Two weeks after Ms. Barberi’s slaying, Tony Sergi, a known Mafia figure and cannabis grower, was executed by gunfire in his driveway in the Toronto suburb of Etobicoke. Mr. Sergi had engaged in talks with Canadian Cannabis Corp. about the company possibly acquiring some of his cannabis facilities and had purchased some lighting equipment from the company.

The OSC has also alleged that $45,000 of the investor funds flowed to Silvio Serrano’s father, Diego Serrano, who has been convicted multiple times of drug-trafficking offences. In his compelled interview with the OSC, though, Silvio Serrano distanced himself from his father, explaining that his father hadn’t been present for a large portion of his life.
 However, he acknowledged he acted as a surety for his father when Diego Serrano was arrested in 2015, something he felt compelled to do as his son. “I wasn’t proud of Diego and his history,” he told the investigators.