Originally Posted by Medford02155
People won't agree or think it's BS but I can give inside info into the boston mafia from those times my dads 73 and was heavily involved and I grew up with most of those guys always around. I personally know and very good friends with limones and remember the old man's first year out of prison he payed for my hockey team to go to nationals after we won state tournament. He paid everyone's air fare the hotel warmup suits everything all expenses paid for. His grandson is my best friend

Patriarca Sr., was a sharp (and ruthless) guy. He intentionally kept his inner circle of made guys relatively small. so everybody earned better. Yet, they had a lot of guys around them who earned well. Don't hold me to this, but Rudy Sciara, who was one of Raymond's top hitters for years. A scary guy. I think he was made much later than a lot of NE people think. He may have been 'well thought of,' or even 'proposed' in those early years, but I believe he was straightened out later.

And there are other fellas who mob aficionados have down as made, yet they were not. Al least in the era that most think they were.