SNAKE EYES: G.I. JOE ORIGINS

In another attempt to reboot the G.I. Joe franchise, Paramount brings us it's Snake Eyes origin story. And as such, it's the best G.I. JOE movie we have to date, which isn't saying much but it is a start. Henry Golding stars as the title character, who seeks revenge upon the man who murdered his father. A drifter who's enlisted by the local yakuza boss, soon finds himself on the run from the same boss who hired him on when he refused to murder a fellow yakuza member, Tommy. Fleeing to Japan and safe within his family's clan, Tommy does the unthinkable by allowing Snake Eyes, an outsider, the opportunity of joining them. Plenty of great, choreographed, non-stop action. Andrew Koji who plays Tommy actually outshines Golding here, as Golding just seems to shuffle along outside of any action sequence. Nice appearances by both Samara Weaving as Scarlett and Úrsula Corberó as Baroness (although both are hardly in the film). There is a nice mid-credit scene that sets up a sequel beautifully and I would definitely be up for another round of JOE. 6.5/10