WEREWOLVES WITHIN

New Forest Ranger Finn Wheeler moves to small mountain town Beaverfield, VT. Upon his arrival, residents are being mauled by a werewolf. In order to survive the night and crack the identity of the werewolf, a group of the townies spend the night in the local hotel trying to uncover the mystery. This films bills itself as a horror comedy and with the exception of 1 or 2 jokes, this is anything but funny. The jokes are flat and other than Sam Richardson who stars as Wheeler and co-star Milana Vayntrub as Cecily Moore (you'll know her as Lily from the AT&T commercials), no one's performance stands out. Richardson's had a few movies released recently and I'm really enjoying his work. He's got great timing but unfortunately, he doesn't have much to work with here. The end also becomes too convoluted as director Josh Ruben tries to setup every character as the werewolf and giving them a reason why. By the time of the big reveal I will say I was a bit surprised, but by that point, I wasn't very interested in it anyway. 4.5/10