Originally Posted by NYMafia
Each of these mob podcasters will phase out in time, some faster than others. Each of them only has so many 'real' stories about the old days that they can recollect. Once they've exhausted those "actual" stories they will be resigned to start making shit up in order to try and keep the interest of their listeners. They're episodes will contain less and less pertinent and real content (as is starting to happen now), and slowly but surely they will attempt to speak about 'historical' events that they've neither lived or truly know anything about ie: Joe Colombo's shooting, Joe Gallo's shooting, the Colombo wars, Carlo Gambino's mindset, etc, etc.... thats when the will lose the more savvy listeners and those familiar with organized crime.

"The proof is in the pudding" as they say, and I can already tell that much of what Gravano, Alite, Franzese, and a few others spew out is total fabrication. Much of it so far off the mark of truth and reality that its almost embarrassing to watch them make fools of themselves. But in truth who's really the fool, them, or the people who listen and gobble up their words like its gospel?

I predict that these "Former Mobster, Current Mob Rat, Reality Show Podcasts" will become a thing of the past within a year or two (at best), unless newer guys come on to keep the ball rolling so to speak.

Once you start seeing them start chatting about politics and world affairs as though any of them are authorities on such things, start giving cooking lessons, critiquing movies, veering off into subjects matter that has little to do with why people visit their podcasts to begin with, then its over!

If you pay attention, most of them are starting to go in that direction already.

Theses Guys and their Stories are getting old Now. They all want to be Celebrities. Nothing Intriguing anymore. If they were so smart then why did they get caught in the first place. The Smart ones invested in legit businesses. Mostly guys that were Associates that needed backing at the time. I knew a lot, Had a lot of fun and laughs at the time. But it's not the same. Most of the Crazy one's are either in Jail,Dead, ill or just Surviving on their past gains.
Day by Day they diminished. I know many don't care for Jr. But the guy is a millionaire. Nobody is left that cares anymore except for Alite who's still crying after all this time. I think some Members here care more than they actually should.
But it's their Fantasy.

Last edited by Beenaround; 07/08/21 11:25 AM.