Originally Posted by Don_Alfonso
My great grandfather was a respected guy. I'm related to the Gallo boys on one side, Nitti and Capone on the other.

My grandfather was offered a job many times, but instead led a legit life. But he has an amazing mind, as well as tough and could've been great at it.

My father was a fuckin' hothead getting into brawls in the 70s run by made guys in Bensonhurst. My fuckin' father was told "You're too hotheaded to work for us" basically. Imagine that, told he was too hotheaded by fucking killers! He's lucky he didn't get his ass killed, most of his friends got washed in the early to mid 70s as part of a car theft ring run by Sammy Gravano.

But man, sometimes I wish my grandpa didn't decide to go legit. His dad was a highly respected guy, my grandpa has a fuckin' brain, balls, and carries himself, he could've gone far. Instead my family is stuck being fucking legit.

If this is true… “stuck being legit” is what most of the old timers wanted for their families. It sounds like you had a solid relationship with them both. Might have been different if they were in the can all the time.