Originally Posted by Mamaluke
Who Killa the chief??

The Matrangas were behind it. There is some evidence to suggest they were the shooters, however the evidence is weak. Tony Matranga was known as both hot headed and not very bright. He was his brothers Charles Matranga right hand man. Two of their cousins are said to have been shooters, who fled to Texas after the shooting, most likely to Galveston. According to the Marchesi family, Gaspare learned years later that one of the shooters had fled to New York City, and another had fled to Austin, Texas, and were from the Matranga faction, did not say family, so they were not related to the Matrangas. John Williams one of the state witnesses had been employed by the Matranga family around 1886 to 89 working either at the bar, or the brothel. The Matranga also had cops on their payroll, I have not come across any of them involved in the shooting but there was a lot of cover ups or at least evidence going missing against the Matrangas. David Hennessy, is said to have evidence of the Provenzanos innocents at a trial coming up for them, weather this was true or not we will never know, but consider how each faction had cops on their payrolls, it is not hard for me to believe that is the case and NOPD who were on the Matranga payroll got rid of ths evidence and said there was nothing to sustain those claims.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green