Originally Posted by BarrettM
Hey NYM, I'm no professional on the board by any means, but the rumor mill from around 2000 to 2010 when I first read any OC research was that Joe Ida of Philadelphia was a very strong puppet of Genovese. Reason I tell you this is the rumor wasn't that he was an ally of Genovese, like Tommy/Carlo, Bonanno/Profaci, or Bonanno/Mangano, but a direct puppet.

For some reason the Philly boss has always been an important piece for whoever was the most powerful family at the time. Ida-Genovese, then you have Bruno coming out of no where to be boss when Vito goes down and Carlo Gambino is the most powerful mob boss in the nation. A lot of guys in Philly back then say Bruno was given the position and had not done much to earn it. Then Testa for a minute and Scarfo were in direct contact with top guys on the west side. The Stanfa pulls a Bruno and is put in top spot by the gambinos and Joey plots away with Natale who claims to have Genovese backing. I don’t believe a word Natale says but can’t deny Joey getting indicted with two Genovese Capos isn’t a surprise giving the back and forth the two top families have with Philly Boss.

Last edited by mchang93; 07/01/21 03:42 AM.