Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
I enjoy reading your reviews even if I have little to no interest in watching most of the movies you suffer through!

I can't help but wonder if Casey Affleck took that role in The World to Come as some sort of damage control for his reputation considering some of the stuff that has come out about him recently.

I appreciate the feedback. I was wondering why Affleck took this role and the role in EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE? He seems to be struggling in both roles, not just as an actor but as a person as well. Wonder if it's some form of self-inflicting punishment?

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Thief (1981)

Directed by Michael Mann, it's an inoffensive watch. Great cinematography as you'd come to expect from a master of his craft. Similar to Heat, but lacking in the high-end production values and thrilling set pieces. James Caan is charismatic and believable in his role as the titular thief, while Robert Prosky is in his element as the antagonist who cajoles him into one last big score. Certain plot points such as the love interest could've been more fleshed out, like they were in Heat. Mann improved on this with Manhunter in 1986, and perfected it with Heat in 1995.

I watched this for the first time a few weeks ago. I'd never heard of it until about a year or so ago and know it has somewhat of a cult following; however, it didn't do much for me. Mann for me is usually a miss. And while I did enjoy both Caan and Prosky in their respective roles, overall, the film was forgettable with nothing really standing out.