Originally Posted by DillyDolly
Just some thoughts here, maybe I'm wrong or maybe I'm right, but I think the main reason these other groups seem to hold up better against laws like RICO is that they have far more members and a never-ending string of recruits. Like Latin Kings and UBN ain't ever going anywhere, plus members of street gangs seem to love prison, it's a badge of honor. It's part of their culture, whereas mobsters for the most part will do anything to stay out of prison. This has made them weak, as their fear of prison restrains them from instilling discipline and setting examples. Again just my opinions if I'm wrong I'm wrong but this is how I see it.

I think it`s mainly because maintaining a hierarchical organizational structure is not important for gangs. Gangs mostly operate horizontally, and each member would conduct his own crime, maybe associates with a few others. But there`s no one overseeing the whole operation and impose the will of the organization as a whole, or at least not on the scale of OC groups, therefore even if some influential members are charged with RICO the gang can still function.

Last edited by SimonChen; 06/14/21 11:14 AM.