Originally Posted by VitoCahill
one of the main reasons montagna was killed is that he thought his former title of acting boss would mean something to criminals in mtl.
for some it did but they were of lower rank in the milieu. for those in power or at the time fighting and being murdered to try to achieve it he was just another criminal looking to take a slice of a dwindling criminal pie. montagnas title upon arrival in mtl 2009 was soldier,he was no longer acting boss he was not a capo. montagna had no ties back to ny and was trying to move into ontario because of the problems in mtl. a small list of converts in mtl:the arcuri family-dom sr./jr.,antonio pietrantonio,lorenzo lopresti doesn't strike me as enough to make a major push.
montagna had noone in ny to trust from a family littered with rats, an anthony seccafico is the only name i could find of a soldier in bonannos who had any connection to montagna and surprisingly he was murdered in july 2009 3 mths after montagnas deportation.
the days of the rizzutos or anyone in mtl paying any kind of respect to bonannos were long gone by 2009.
i know for many on this site this has been a hard concept to deal with but it is true.
why would smart,professional,internationally respected criminals want anything to do with the bonanno family after the boss became a rat?
its not like liborio bellomo was deported to mtl that would be a different story...

that has always been my questions. when he went there, was he just flying solo? He knew the life, esp with his family ties, and yet he went into trying to take small piece of it by himself? no crew? no nothing? Thats where I've always been foggy with him. Its not far fetched they still lay you out in the middle of the street in Canada these days lol if anyones noticed. So how could he really go at it alone. Its wild.

Last edited by The_Marble_Guy; 06/02/21 08:38 PM.

" If you're going to be bad, be good at it "

Jerry Tillinghast