Aladena Fratianno, he was an informant before 1977, but he was blowing smoke at the agents, honestly when you read those old files, he did not tell the agents what they already knew, chasing ghost. He would have been killed if he did not flip, but the agents would have not known about the threat of the mole inside their Cleveland field office. He was doing good once he transferred to Chicago to be one of their representative on the west coast. Once transferred back to Los Angeles he was used by the higher ups to set Frank Bompensiero who was an informant up for a hit, which he dragged it on till it was given to someone else in the San Diego crew. He had came back to Los Angeles on the understanding that he would be acting boss of the family until Brooklier was released and then transferred back to Chicago. That never happened and Fratianno was knocked down to soldier. Brooklier was sending messages to the other bosses that Fratianno had been misrepresenting himself and was setting up Fratianno to be either be hit by his own family, or getting the ok from the commission, as well as from Chicago and Cleveland. The feds found out he was not being straight with, and he was force to give up information and be in contact with an agent. Fratianno was in a jam, he would do the time, but how Brooklier had met and sent messages to the other bosses about Fratianno really hurted Fratiannos pride and felt betrayed. It is also worth noting that he was friends with at least three other informants, Frank Bompensiero, Salvatore Piscopo, and another unidentified informant.

I disagree on Joe Valachi, he was already an informant with FBN and was giving good Intel to them. Too much to go into, but him flipping alone brought in half a dozen more informants in key places to help the FBI.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green