Originally Posted by Lenox
Thats true Oak but most of the strong arm guys back in the day had self control and didnt run around doing reckless bs.

True, there are a handful of exceptions, by the 1970s it had gotten worse to where they were killing each other without permission became common. By the 1990s it was a bunch of drugged up associates looking for their next fix, and the families need people on the streets in case of a war, just look at Amuso and Casso of the Lucchese family, Persico and Orena of the Colombo family, Gotti of the Gambino family, Massino and Spero of the Bonanno family to see the pattern. A lot of guys who are young fit in number 3, and move up to number 2, and some had been liked to bring them around to number 1. But it was guys on their own product or wanted more money that were bringing in too many young and unproven guys around that they could not control.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green