Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Galante ordered the hit on Pietro Licata, not Rastelli. 1) Carmine needed Salvatore Catalano to become the skipper due to his connections with Sicily, and could bring in more narcotics into the United States. 2) Licata disrespected Giuseppe Buccellato, Frank Navarra and a few more people in the Bonanno family. 3) Carmine never liked Licata and viewed as more treacherous than any other participant in the Bonanno split in the 1960s. 4) Licata was way too friendly with Joe Zingaro in the Gambino family, where there were whispers that Licata was allowing the Gambinos to rack in a lot of money, while the Bonannos did not get lucrative rackets. 5) Licata had sitdowns with Colombo Capo Chris Robino that favored the Colombo family more often. 6) Salvatore Catalano and a few others felt Licata was slowly losing his mind.
7) He was told to keep his relatives in check, and he failed.

-----
With all due respect Giacomo, where are you getting this ridiculous information from?

One: first of all Cristoforo Robino was NOT a Profaci capo, in fact I don't even think he was straightened out. He was just deeply involved in the heroin trade and allied to the Profaci crew. He was killed on July 17, 1958. I'm not even sure that Pete Licata had immigrated from Sicily at that time. So Licata and Robino had scant to ZERO interaction.

Two: Joe Zingaro lived and operated 95% in the Bronx, whereas Licata was almost solely based in the Ridgewood Queens/Brooklyn borderline. The Bronx was NOT his bailiwick so again there was little, if any, interaction between the two of them. Completely different spheres of operation.

Three: Sal Catalano and the Zip faction are the ones that killed Licata (with or without Galante's approval). Catalano was pivotal at the time to Lilo's drug network and Licata was seen as collateral damage. That move helped Sal become the reigning skipper along Knickerbocker Avenue.

Four: Pete's had three nephews that I know of; Vito, Joey, and Andy. They whacked Vito early on, and in the early 1980s (82 I think), three guys came into their little coffee shop, Cafe Licata, on the corner of Forrest Avenue, and blasted them. Joey got shot dead in the front room. Andy ran like a rabbit through the storefront to the backyard where there was a little outside area trying to jump the fence and escape but they followed to the back and shotgunned him against the fence.

So all three brothers got killed (for different reasons), after their uncle was whacked. They lost their protector. It was a shame because they were all very young guys at the time.

PS: How do I know all this? Because I was personal friends with both Joey and Andy, and I felt terrible when they got killed. Ok? Like I've said on here before, that is my era that I grew up in, and these people were my personal fiends. I was in Cafe Licata many times. They used to run big cards games there. Ziganette, Poker, etc.

Five: I do NOT know of a Frank Licata. Their may be another Licata named Frank, but I only know of Johnny Licata. He's Pete's son I believe. Possibly a nephew, but I think it's his son. John is still alive and well btw
--
So as I said above, I don't know where you get all this "inside" information from Giacomo. But I can tell you straight out that what you've posted up is 100% incorrect.

Last edited by NYMafia; 05/29/21 07:13 AM.