Originally Posted by Rahmet
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Originally Posted by DetroitPartnership
Albanians and Calabrians do not get along in the lucrative German construction and drug rackets. They are constantly at war.

Well that's a first for me. I'm in Germany pretty often and I've never heard about Albanians and Calabrians being at war.
You got any links on this?

I never heard of this either but here's my 2 cents about the topic, about the construction the only logical way of this happening is the Italians extorting Albanian owned construction companies which there are plenty of them around Germany but I doubt the Calabrians have any power to extort around Germany, the other logical explanation is different Albanian and Calabrese construction companies going at it over who gets state tenders contrats. About the drug rackets I don't see how they could be at war knowing the good relations the Albanians have had over the years with the Calabrians even with both of the two groups being big players into drug trafficking in Germany, the Albanians also have a big street presence into Germany along with different groups like the Turks, Arabs, Gypsies which the Italians lack, so it doesn't make sense of the two being at war over the lucrative drug rackets in Germany.

Definitely agreed. Italian organized crime doesn't have a real "street presence" in Germany. You got Mafia, Ndrangheta and Camorra members that hide out in Italian businesses in Germany, but they are mostly laying low there and aren't conducting big time criminal operations. An internal settlement of disputes happens every once in a while - like the San Luca feud that culminated in the Duisburg shooting - but these are actually rare and are connected to clans that have been feuding for generations and these settlements are happening all over Europe.
There are Italian criminals in Germany but Germany is a hide out place for them. They're not trying to take over the criminal market and they're not going to war with any group that does have a huge street presence in Germany, like the bikers, Turks, Kurds, Albanians, Lebanese...even Chechens, Armenians, Vietnamese and Serbs/Montenegrins/Bosnians have a bigger criminal street presence in Germany than the Italians have. Calabrians aren't gonna battle with anyone over there and they aren't even interested in that.