a rapper calling himself Lolo Lanski posted his song Dedman to SoundCloud and YouTube. It had over 80,000 downloads as of this week.

The anti-Brothers Keepers song describes Grewal being shot inside his penthouse home — noting that the killer “sent lead to his head” and that the violence was part of “trying to put a BK on TV.”

Bizarrely, the song includes an audio excerpt of the recorded 911 call made by Grewal’s brother Manbir inside the suite after the BK boss was killed.

The operator asks: “OK, so what is happening?”

The brother replies: “I came to check up on my brother and found out he’s been shot.”

He says there is neither a gun nor anybody else in the suite.

“Is he cold?” the operator asks.

“Yes, he’s cold,” the brother answers.

“What’s you brother’s name?”

“Gavinder Grewal.”

Then the song has the sound of a gunshot echoing.
Police investigating use of 911 recording

The Sun has confirmed that the 911 call is authentic. How the rapper, whose real name is Ekene Anigbo, obtained a copy of the recorded call is under investigation, Vancouver police Insp. Lisa Byrne confirmed.

On Lanski/Anigbo’s Instagram page, he has posted a photo of Grewal rival Gary Kang taken inside the North Fraser pretrial jail, though there is an emoji blocking part of Kang’s face. “Free my broski out of there,” Lanski wrote.

A source told the Sun that a recording of the 911 call was part of a disclosure package that was sent to the pretrial jail for an accused in another gang case. Court records confirm that Anigbo was in custody on charges of uttering threats, possession of a firearm without a licence and carrying a prohibited device.

He pleaded guilty in September and was sentenced to a day in jail plus probation. Then in November, he was charged with breaching his probation conditions. He is due back in provincial court in Vancouver on Jan. 30.

Quesnelle, who is charged with killing Gary Kang’s brother and wounding Kang, will make his next court appearance the following day in Surrey. Last August, the Sun observed the young rapper and accused hitman at the funeral of slain Hells Angel Suminder “Allie” Grewal with several Brothers Keepers alongside him.