Mafia families "took the carabinieri or policemen and raised them" . This was said to the Dda of Reggio Calabria Maurizio Cortese , the former regent of the Serraino clan who in recent months has chosen to collaborate with the justice system .

To the deputy prosecutor Stefano Musolino, the repentant Cortese described the figure of Mimmo Morabito , one of the defendants in the "Pedigree" trial. Speaking of him, the former boss has no doubts and in fact, already in the minutes of last August 25, to the prosecutor Giovanni Bombardieri and to the prosecutor Musolino: « He is a Mason Mimmo . I saw the booklet, I saw the booklet myself, do you understand? ». "In each family they had certain people - as reported by the interrogation of 28 September 2020 -, certain people like Morabito, even worse, that is, who practically had these relations with the police . Basically they took the carabinieri or policemen and raised them. They made them grow ».

To prosecutors Stefano Musolino and Walter Ignazitto, the collaborator also names the lawyers Paolo Romeo and Giorgio De Stefano , the main defendants in the "Gotha" trial: «They are no longer at the level of the 'Ndrangheta. They - he says - are not part, they do not have to do with me to say or with… they only have to do with characters that I cannot have understood, of the third level ».

"The king is dead, long live the king!"