Because they control the narrative, and they're accountable to no one. That's why I'm glad Nick Sandmann sued and won a $275 million lawsuit against CNN! More people do this, and they'll start to back off because it'll cost them too much money.

In addition, news isn't what it used to be. It's political commentary, not news. They decide which stories to run, what angles to play up, how you should feel about it, etc. Everybody rushes to judgment now. Nobody fact checks anymore, just get the story out there. Prime example recently is LeBron James. I actually like LeBron as a basketball player. I respect him because when he came into the league, he had the highest of expectations and for the most part, he's met and exceeded most (if not all of them). But he's still not better than Jordan IMO. No way. But I'm tired of his victimhood activism and his recently deleted tweet is an example. He didn't have all of the facts, the story was still coming out, he rushed to judgment, tried to paint a target on the police officer involved, and then look what happened. The cop actually saved a young girls life.