Originally Posted by Signor Vitelli
Language manipulation that is being forced on us. The media is responsible for a good deal of it.

Examples: A rainstorm is now an "event." A car company now has a "sales event." A heart attack is an "event". I swear to you, I once heard death referred to as a "life cessation event." Absolute bullshit.

And speaking of the weather forecasts (and I think I was), when was the last time you heard "sleet"? If I hear one more person say "wintery mix" I'm gonna vomit. Nobody in the real world - that I know of - speaks that way!

We are now supposed to say "challenging" instead of "difficult." Says who? Is this supposed to lull us into a false sense of something? Stop using language as something to hide behind! To coin a phrase: Tell it like it is.

We're not supposed to say that something "affected" us - we're supposed to say it "impacted" us. WTF??? Remember when just about the only thing that was "impacted" was a wisdom tooth?

There are lots of others, but I think the PC Police would have my ass on a plate if I spoke honestly.

Actually, here's one: Why do we speak of Black people and white people (note the difference in capitalization)?

And speaking of race, here's one that bugs me because of the obvious double-standard: If it's not allowable for Caucasian performers to wear blackface, yellowface, or portray any race other than their own (and, BTW, I'm not saying it that should be acceptable), why does Eddie Murphy get a pass when he plays an old, Jewish Caucasian in his latest film, Coming 2 America (the barbershop scene)? What's good for the goose should be good for the gander. There should be one standard here.

Too much PC in general, to my way of thinking.

mad mad mad

Signor V.

AMEN Signor V! clap The problem is, and to answer your question with a very simple phrase: double-standard. If the left didn't have double-standards they wouldn't have any standards at all. Supposedly this new voter ID law in Georgia restricts voting rights!? Sorry, but no. If I have to show ID to fly on Delta, you bet I want an ID shown when I vote. Weren't the same people who are crying now about voter ID laws the same ones crying that the election was "stolen" in 2016 (and which has time and time again to be proven to be nothing more than a hoax). This new law expands voting rights by expanding the number of days for early voting by 2 Saturday's (not during weekdays when most people are working mind you). But again, the left want it both ways. I'm right there with you my friend. Too PC, too many safe spaces, too many "you hurt my feelings with your words." I weep for the future of this country, which Biden is determined to do (and has done a marvelous job of) in only 4 months on the job. I miss the Donald so much!