Originally Posted by NYMafia
I just posted up an expanded biography on a guy by the name of Milty Wekar, who was one of New York's biggest bookmaking kingpins and layoff men back in the 1940s through 1980s era.

I did this to put into proper perspective just how important Jewish hoodlums were to Cosa Nostra in particular, and the over underworld landscape of New York and Florida in general. Among many other cities they operated in.

Aside from the fact that in and of themselves some were top hoods, Jewish people in general were/are intelligent businessmen and savvy criminals when they wanted to be. Not so much today where 90% of them are scared of their own shadow, but in decades past they were as tough as any. Especially during the days of Prohibition and Murder Inc.

I don't know why guys try and denigrate them. There's good and bad in all ethnicities, we all know that. So why the BS? I'm 100% Italian, I don't have an iota of Jewish blood in me, but I have plenty of good Jewish friends, some relatives too, so why talk shit about them? I just don't get it. I don't agree with that sort of thing.

Sorry for being an asshole in the past. You’re a good dude, appreciate those comments!