I thought it’d be interesting to make a list of made guys who were killed by other families. When you look at it (please feel free to add other names i have forgotten or don’t know about), you see that, rarely, one family decided to kill a made guy from another family without approval.

The rules of Cosa Nostra are well respected in that matter, despite few exceptions.

- Franck Piccolo (Gambino) killed by the Genovese family with the approval of the Gambino Family over a business matter.

- Shorty Spero (Colombo) killed by a made guy from the Genovese family (Gerry Pappa) for personal reasons and without the approval of the Colombo family.

- Gerry Pappa (Genovese) killed by the Colombo family with the approval of the Genovese family.

- William Bentvena (Gambino) killed by associates of the Lucchese Family for personal reasons without the approval of the Gambino Family.

- Eddie Lino (Gambino) and Bobby Borriello (Gambino) killed by the Lucchese Family in retaliation for their involvement in the attempted hit on Gaspipe Casso. The Lucchese did not seek approval from the Gambinos.

- John Simone (Philadelphia) killed by the Gambino family on order from the Commission and with the approval of the Philly Family.

- Antonio Caponigro (Philadelphia) and Freddie Salerno (I think he was made ?) killed by the Genovese family in retaliation for their involvement in the hit on Angelo Bruno.

- Gaetano Amato (Genovese) « accidently » killed by the Colombo family during the third Colombo war while he was stainding next to men from the Orena faction. The Genovese did not retaliate.

- Augie Maniaci (Milwaukee) killed by the Chicago Family as a request from the Milwaukee Family because he was contesting the leadership position.