Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
There was more to it than Bompensiero just ratting. It was a combination of a lot of things going on under DeSimone and Licata reign.

The Lucchese family represented L.A. on the Commission until Jack Dragna died. After that Bonanno temporary represented them, then it was the Gambino and finally Detroit before Chicago represented everything west of the Mississippi.

You have guys from Chicago, Lucchese, Gambino, and Detroit on that list.

Because LA was so convoluted, and so many guys resided out that way later in their careers, I didn't try and decipher each individual relationship. Suffice it to say that whether they were technically 'on record' with the Detroit crew, or Gambino's, or Chicago per se. The fact that they resided out west for years and interacted with the LA Family was enough for me.

Most everyone on that list was either a member, or was 'associated' with the Dragna faction, even if they were made elsewhere. For instance Mimi Li Mandri was originally around the Anastasia/Gambino crew in NYC. Yet, he and his son, and son in law, worked hand in glove with Dragna, DeSimone, and Licata.

Did they transfer their memberships? Or did they remain as NYC based guys and just did business with the LA crew? I do think that's a matter of semantics, because essentially nearly ALL of these fellas worked in tandem at one point or another.

Another case in point was Tony Milano and his brother Ciccio, who was literally the boss back in Cleveland years earlier.

Did Ciccio Milano just retire out there? Did he work in tandem with Dragna/Licata? Did he 'affiliate' with the boss of LA? ...... quite frankly, I don't think it really matters.

At the end of the day, each was firmly planted out that way with residences, investments, etc.

They lived and operated in LA. End of story!

Do you get my point Giacomo?

Last edited by NYMafia; 04/12/21 02:43 PM.