Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino

In my opinion, Philly was an overrated Family, and I mean that with all due respect, but I think because its a major city, the impression is that it was a powerhouse crew. And I'm saying this in comparison to the other east coast Families. With that being said, this is a hypothetical question but What does everyone think of Philly and The Decavalcante's as one group? I think we would be talking about a powerful regime. Who do you think would've been Boss? Bruno or Sam the Plumber?

Bruno had Carlo's support. That made him and his borgata untouchables.
The answer to your question about Sam the Plumber, is whom he had allegiance with. I always assumed he was with the Genoveses, but some folks claim he was pretty much independent.

As someone said earlier at this thread, Tony Bananas had big operation in Jersey. Funzi wanted to get it. It was a great move: Caponigro is made believe he has Frank's ok, Bruno is dead and AC is there waiting someone just to grab it. Frank has a legit reason to get rid of Tony B, kills him and takes over rackets in Jersey. All that was the beginning of the end for Philly crew and big win for the Genoveses.

Secret of happy marriage remains a secret!