Real estate, commercial property, still had cheese companies, two construction companies (a third belonged to his sons in San Jose, still had interests in Canada and Mexico, his Germany interests were gone when he moved to Arizona after his stroke. He was a silent partner with legitimate frontmen. He had a dairy operation, and an orchard in northern California. When his partners that he was still on good terms in other families began to died of old age, his shares were cut or their bosses did not recognize Joe Bonanno. He had well over 30 million in Canada when he died but Canada seized the money from going to his children. He was still into schemes, one of which he found out through a deal in a company he and Los Angeles member Dominic Brooklier involved in acquiring that Frank Bompensiero was an FBI informant.

Bonanno was not killed but his family crime family suffered a lot especially in the Garment, unions, and trucking industries.

The car dealership was a money laundering scheme which Bonanno was big in since he had a lot of money to hide, even after he left New York. It really was a genius plan, but Peters was someone the Bonannos missed judged. Bonanno nephew Jackie deserves some credit had caution when he had dealings with Lou Peter's, but the paperwork was his downfall. Joe trying to protect his son Salvatore from the IRS. The plan was for the Bonannos to use Peters as a legitimate frontman and help purchase a dozen other car dealerships in California to launder money.

The FBI Agent David Hale has never been arrested nor convicted in the Tuscon bombings.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green