Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino
Originally Posted by JoeBarbaro006
Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino
During the Castellamarese war, there was a attempt made on Carlo Gambino's brother by Maranzano guys. i suspect Bonanno could've been involved, this left some bad blood with Gambino.
on Bonanno's side, Joe slightly supported Gambino at a commission meeting after Anastasia was clipped against Albert's loyalist Tommy Rava and Neil Dellacroce. then Gambino used his power with Luchesse against him.

Joe Bonanno just couldn't see what was going under his nose. Looks like he had no problem with Luciano's allies getting clipped. I wonder, whether he came up with an idea to take over the commission before or after attempt on Costello's life. From what I understand, Joe B didn't take Carlo seriously, calling him squirrel, like, it's easier to kill a squirrel like Gambino than lion like Anastasia.
What I can't really understand, why he used Profaci's men, not someone of his own.

Because Joe Magliocco was just as involved, if not more on the plot to kill Luchesse and Gambino.
Magliocco used Joe Colombo who outed the plan.

Had not Joe B tipped FBI Luciano's whereabouts, his life would've been much easier

Secret of happy marriage remains a secret!