Originally Posted by southshorekid
Originally Posted by Lenox
Southshorekid

Question.. on the Seaside Heights NJ boardwalk, there is an arcade called “ Pal Joeys”.. been there for years, since the 70’s at least. Does that belong to Pal Joey of the Gambino’s when he was alive?

Not to my knowledge but it certainly could have been. Seaside, Belmar and Point Pleasant are the big day trip shore towns for that area. This is mostly before my time so no doubt I’m missing a lot. No surprise that a lot changed when they started dying of old age in the late 90s early 2000s. Trenton was an area where a bunch of made guys from different brugads managed to stay relatively under the radar. It’s like a lost history and that’s why I’m not naming anybody who isn’t already well known to have been in the life. But there were a lot of wise guys, especially around Chambersburg and North Trenton. Those neighborhoods were old school “I didn’t see nothin” kind of places where the 100 year old great grandmother played the numbers every day. Like everywhere else that’s all gone now. I’m not sure there were ever more than half a dozen made guys at any one time in the area - Nicky Russo, Pal Joey, Anthony Tassone, Daylight Tramontana, Sam the Plumber, Johnny Keyes, Pappy Ippolito and his son, Pinky Costello and his sons, Reds Pontani, and some others I’m less sure of. But there were also hundreds of serious guys on record with them.

I live in the area (live a couple minutes from the golf course where they kidnapped Keys) and know there is still a lot of gambling (not sure who exactly as I'm not involved but you always hear things). Any idea if they are still kicking up to anyone in Philly/NY? Also heard there are some pretty violent Russians operating out of a bar in the Polish area by St Hedwigs.