Originally Posted by Lenox
Gravano talks about killing him. He talks how he met him at a pizzeria Johnny Keys owned in Jersey. Anyone know what town thatnwas in?
Also, Gravano said Keys had about 30 guys around him at all times. Anyone know who some of those guys were?

He was big in the gambling rackets in Trenton NJ (he lived in Lawrence) and then moved his crew out to Bucks County PA after being down in Florida for a while (all the Trenton guys went back and forth from Florida). People also called him Johnny Casanova I think. I don’t know who was around him but he was about the same age as Pappy Ippolito. And he was cousins with Angelo Bruno and so were the Costellos who were big in that area. I don’t know if they were related or just that they both were related to Bruno. Reds Pontani was probably around him. If I had to guess, And they all were tight with Sam the Plumber and the Gambinos in the area. Actually the 2 guys from his hit were 2 of them. I think Sammy’s story in the book is half bullshit though. Nicky Russo was a well respected captain. But Johnny Keys was definitely a real serious guy and well versed in the life. I don’t know what pizzeria it was but they talked about whacking him inside a Friendly’s ice cream shop according to Sammy.