So much great little moments mentionned already.

Here are some others I love. I don't think I've seen them yet.

- During the Johnny Fontane/Godfather meeting, when Vito says something like : " I want you to rest and in a few weeks ...", before he finishes his sentence, you see Sonny in the background startle. He is off focus but you then see him gesture to an off-camera Tom that it is in the bag for the singer-would-be-actor.

- Near the end of G1, Carlo enters the car and is greeted by Clemenza. Then, and it is beautiful : you ear a crow-Tom Hagen loosen his tie-immediately after, Clemenza garrots Carlo.

The tie loosening is an anodine move Tom does several time throughout the movie. Yet, it really comes across as the signal for Peter.
It is the vengence as planned by the father : lead by Michael, but with Sonny's godfather and closest brother taking part in it. Tom never attends the murders usually.

And if it is not ! It doesn't matter! The editing of the crow-the tie-the garrot is still awesome !

- The way Sonny stutters his apology to Tom after he criticized him for not being Sicilian. "Pop had Genco, look what I've got !"

We don't see Tom's reaction, but Sonny's face says it all. Besides, Hagen's silence is eloquent.

Much has been said about Hagen's competence as a wartime consigliere. But it is not what this is about in this scene. Sonny might instinctively be on to something, but he was more likely lashing out, being impulsive.
Sonny is all about family, above all else. As soon as the words are out, he realises he is telling his adoptive brother : "You are not one of us."
The way he immediately deflates is a nice touch and very in-character. He also hastily adds :" Mom prepared a lunch for us". Includes him back in the family.

- In G2, people have noted how Tom puts on a brave face when Michael says he won't take part in the Ola meeting, but then looks hurt when he lingers a few seconds in the hall. I've noticed for the first time that the scene of him politely asking the three young adults to leave the hall, mirrors the scene in G1 where he kindly prevents three small kids from running into Vito's office as he meets Luca Brazzi during the wedding.

It seems to me that it is a few seconds after talking to the kids, that the hurt fully registers and he takes the mesure of his fall since 1945.
During the wedding, he was involved in everything, his father's closest assistant. This time is over.

I wonder if they are supposed to be the same three kids 14 years later.

- When Michael comes back to the mall, after the hospital incident, one of the new button man, standing far away on the stairs (?) nods to the young Corleone out of respect. Michael just stood up to a corrupted policeman and paid the price.
QUESTION : The actor is too far away for me to tell, but is it supposed to be Al Neri ?

I know in the book he comes on board later, but in the movie ? Why not ? That would be cool.
What do you think ? Can anyone confirm ?