Originally Posted by BarrettM
Originally Posted by joey_dice
Tuff kept those records because he was using his own money to transport the skim, he was constantly getting screwed out of traveling expense money. He kept the records to show who got what and then he claimed what he felt covered his expenses. The records, the cash in uncle nicks attic and many other things are the result of a group who did not realize their iron grip on the city, the courts and the police were fading, due mostly to technology. As for Tuffy, he was like a grandfather to me, treated me like I was his own, he and Rags (Ragusa) while dangerous and killers, they did not live that role 24 hours a day.. Franky is a lot like his brother, without the flash temper, he is a lot like Uncle Nick, he is a thinker and well read.

Thanks for sharing Joey. I think a lot of people want to know more about Tuffy. He's the minor character who accidentally plays a critical role in a three hour epic film. If you don't mind me asking, what was the Don to UB relationship like with him and Civella? Sometimes the UB can be an errand boy like Tommy Bilotti, sometimes he has the complete trust to run the family if the boss gets sick or takes the day off.

Tuff was very close to Nick and Cork, Nick trusted him to do the heavy lifting and to run the family if need be. The Deluna's and Civella's are related by marriage Tuff's sister was married to Anthony Civella. He was a tough guy, very smart. What hurt the family the most was the new technology used by law enforcement and their inability to change with the times.