What's to stop a group of Italians (for this discussion lets say in Cleveland) to organize and call themselves a family. They select a Boss, name the family after him, Underboss and so on. They hold a ceremony, burn a saint and make a dozen guys. Now they say we're the so and so family of Cleveland. They start making money, running rackets. What's to stop them? I say nothing. NYC gonna call and say you didn't pay a franchise fee and you aren't a real family? Philly gonna call and say you guys didn't send your proposed list of guys so we don't recognize you? I say the whole issue with the commission not giving the Okay today is moot
nowadays. They're not sending a crew to wipe this Cleveland family out and send a message, they don't have a crew like that anymore. They're gonna complain to the courts Cleveland violated the MAFIA copy rights and sue them? I understand in the past when the commission said no, it was no or else. Today I say nothing can stop established family from doing what they want except themselves. Those who follow the so called rules and insist on them are the ones making money and only trying to protect what's left to be made since there's so few real rackets left. The only reason my above scenario doesn't happen is there are no Italians left to make waves. So when anyone says a family can't make members, or start a business its more because they just don't have the people not because of some phoney mafia directive nowadays. Thoughts? AGAIN IM STRICTLY TALKING ABOUT TODAY, NOT YESTERYEAR