Originally Posted by JCrusher
I mean its a slippery slope when it comes to mob guys as fathers. Some are/were good father while others were terrible. But even the good fathers are not great people obviously. Like others have said Roy demeo was by most accounts a good family man but out of the house he was murdering countless people and dismembering them. Its also important to remember that according to Albert, Roy started to get his son involved in his schemes/collections. So that's not exactly being a good father lol

I mean how many Italian-American 17-18 year olds would not be involved in some capacity in the late 70s/early 80's if their Father was a made man making millions a year?I remember he was mainly doing some loansharking, which is what Roy did himself at that age. It's not like he was bringing his son to the Gemini to have a plate of Spaghetti and Meatballs while they wait for the corpses body hanging upside down to congeal.

And the reason I also brought up Roy Demeo because he is one of the only Mafia members where we know almost everything about him. That can only happen if they were murdered or became a rat and I don't care about rats anyway. Being a good Father to me is treating your Family well, never hitting them and making a lot of $. And Roy did all 3.

Last edited by WhackWhack; 03/04/21 01:52 PM.