NYMafia, sounds reasonable to me. My only disagreement is with the attachment to another family. I have nothing to base this on except my opinion. Why would KC need to be with a "traditional" family. One, they're their own traditional family which you have written about very well. Two, in this day and age if I were a smaller viable family (which I think they are) why would I need another family to protect me and/or settle my disputes. Today's mob is just not big enough, or TOUGH enough (im talking out west now) to intrude on another families turf. not like in the past when Chicago would send a crew of "killers" to make you change your mind. I just don't see that in todays mob, maybe, just maybe in NY with CT, or NJ for example. But who's strong and big enough to send a crew out to KC and convince them to cooperate if they don't want to out there? And to force them to pay tribute to the larger family for protection? I don't see it. And if it's happening, then maybe we're all underestimating the power and influence of todays mob. (I hope the above made sense typed it quick)